Use the form below to search for documents on this site containing specific
words or combinations of words. The text search engine will display a weighted
list of matching documents, with better matches shown first. Each list item is a
link to a matching document. A brief explanation
of the query language is available, along with examples.
The text search engine allows queries to be formed from arbitrary Boolean
expressions containing the keywords AND, OR, and NOT, and grouped with
parentheses. For example:
- information retrieval
- finds documents containing 'information' or 'retrieval'
- information or retrieval
- same as above
- information and retrieval
- finds documents containing both 'information' and 'retrieval'
- information not retrieval
- finds documents containing 'information' but not 'retrieval'
- (information not retrieval) and WAIS
- finds documents containing 'WAIS', plus 'information' but not
- finds documents containing words starting with 'web'